Thursday, November 8, 2007

The List Continues 101 - 110

101. The Santa through time figurines that Rodney gave me.

102. The cool silver lamp with six giant glass bulbs (was my Mom’s)

103. Alexandria’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle piggy bank (Rafel, my favorite Ninja Turtle!)

104. A wood sculpture of a PT holding a goniometer that my parents bought for me at an art fair.

105. Painted fans that we bought in China

106. Lots of Legos!

107. Sprinklers

108. Soaker hoses for the big veggie garden we had

109. A magna doodle

110. Almost all of my jewelry

2 comments:

Sam Hranac said...

I've lost plenty over the years as well. All my high school and college memorabilia left me in a flood - it vanished down a river. A trunk mailed to me from Colorado to Chicago never made it (it had my grandfather's canes and great grandfather's folding top hat in it). The list goes on. Some of that stuff I had looked forward to showing to my kids - now they will never see it.

But I take heart in the idea that as we get older, that stuff matters less and less. Not a comfort for now, but some day.

List of Things Lost said...

Sam,
It is true that I'm not alone in this. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Sorry about your grandpa and great granpa's things. They would have been great to share with your kids.

I've found with frequent moves that I sometimes tell myself that I want to "share something with the kids" but it is really something that I miss for MYSELF.

Where we lived in China had magnificent parks. But when I felt homesick I found myself wishing for a playground. I'd gripe about wanting to push my baby on a swing or slide with her down a slide.

Then I had to laugh at myself for acting like the kid was missing out. A ten month old can have such fun wherever she is as long as she is loved and cared for. Mom was the one who wanted to swing and slide.