Sunday, November 25, 2007

Memories (or not!)

It is really funny the things we remember and forget.

Terry asked me if I was sad to have lost the cookie jar shaped as a kitten.

I don’t remember owning one –or any cookie jar, ever! But, I always look at cookie jars. I mean, I have to plan ahead. I intend to be a grandma someday! I do think homes that have cookie jars are just, well cozy!

We make cookies a lot. They just don’t last long enough to really justify a cookie jar.

Nonetheless, Terry remembers a blue cat-shaped cookie jar. Moreover he remembers it was very important to me. I had to have it. I couldn’t live without it.

I got that line from my Granddad who loved to shop. I’m not much of a shopper, but he loved to wander the stores. He always talked me into going into the next shop by saying, “Hey, you never know, there just might be something in there you can’t live without.”

I’d counter that there really wasn’t anything I couldn’t live without (Ha! I’m discovering that right now, aren’t I?)

And he’d say, “Well there might be something I can’t live without.” And on we’d go into another store.

Apparently once in my life I wanted a blue kitten cookie jar and Terry bought it for me. Maybe if I’d had a chance to see it again, I might remember it.

Terry’s descriptions aren’t helping. “Don’t you remember? Its head came off!”

Ummm…. No.

No comments: